Ingenious new products

It’s probably fair to describe Mila as a ‘house of brands’ rather than a ‘branded house’. More than 70% of what Mila supplies is now designed and manufactured in-house, but that still leaves around 30% that comes from third-party suppliers.

Understandably, we’re very selective about who we choose to work with – given that our reputation is so closely bound up with theirs. But we’re proud to be one of Yale’s largest distributors in the UK and to have the likes of Siegenia, Axor and Spilka in our portfolio.

It’s only once every few years that we partner with a new supplier, so it’s big news this month that Ingenious Locks are being added to the Mila line-up. The Ingenious range of multipoint door locks for aluminium, UPVC and composite doors now sits alongside the Yale Lockmaster and Auto Engage products we already supply and adds what I think customers will feel is a significant new dimension to our offering.

There’s always been a certain amount of synergy between Mila and Ingenious so it’s good to be able to work together. MD Nigel Hutchinson and I have been friends and colleagues for many years and Ingenious’ Technical Director Stuart Carpenter was once the Technical Director here at Mila. I know that we share the same focus on creating products with real USPs in terms of design, and always with the emphasis on quality, durability and ease of installation.

For customers, they’ll now be able to buy the Ingenious enhanced security single hook Professional door locks, clever dual-hook Duplex products and Autofire latches, all with Secured by Design accreditation direct from Mila. Of course, they’ll benefit from our renowned supply and delivery service and will get plenty of help and advice from our knowledgeable sales teams – both on the phone and out in the field.

Our Marketing team has already created a dedicated page on the Mila website for door locks with all of the Yale and Ingenious products available to view and compare and lots of useful, downloadable resources. You can see that here. They’ve also produced digital animations of some of the new products so that customers can see some of the key USPs up close and use them in their own sales presentations.

We never forget though that the biggest test of hardware is how the products actually look and feel to our customers, so we’re also promoting the new Ingenious range via new ‘Lock Block’ display boards which show them in operation.

As ever, our sales teams can provide all the help and advice you need. You can get in touch with them here.

Richard

Back to Blog